Bloomington Girls Hockey Coaches - Please review the coaching requirements summarized below. There are several changes that are required to be completed BEFORE you are placed on a team roster (must be complete before you get on the ice after tryouts).
USA Hockey requires that an adult involved in coaching on ice or on the bench must be registered and rostered as a coach.
In order to comply with District 6 roster due dates, Bloomington Girls Hockey Coaches should complete Steps 1 through 6 by the following dates:
- 10U/12U: 9/30/2017
- 8U Coaches: 10/30/2017
Steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 must be completed BEFORE you can coach on the ice or the bench and be added to the team roster.
Step 1: BGHC Coaching Application
See application, submission instructions, and application deadline above.
Step 2: Register with USA Hockey
- Click on "register on-line" and register as an Ice Player/Coach.
- You will be charged $41.00. Save your receipts and BGHC will reimburse you.
- Be sure to PRINT and SAVE your confirmation code.
- Each Coach must have their own unique USA Hockey confirmation number. Please provide USA Hockey # to BGHC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step 3: Complete the MN Hockey Background Screening
- Go to www.minnesotahockey.org
- Click on Coaches/Officials and then Screening. Scroll down to the link for Minnesota Hockey Background Screening.
- Hockey Association: Bloomington Kennedy in odd years (2017, 2019, etc.), Bloomington Jefferson in even years (2018, 2020, etc.).
- This must be completed once every two seasons.
- To determine if you completed in 2015 or 2016, log in to your NGIN account (on our website). Click on your name at the top of the website, and then click on Registrations. Go through the list of registrations until you come to the screening registration. If it says you completed in 2016, you are good for this year. If it says you completed in 2015 or before, you need to complete for this season.
- If you need to complete for this season, send BGHC (email@example.com) the confirmation # you receive after registration is complete.
Step 4. Complete Safe Sport Training module
- Go to www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining to check your status. Click “Sign back into Safesport” and log in. It will say “click here to view completed courses”. If it says you completed the full Safesport course or the Refresher in 2015 or before, you need to take the Refresher course for this season. If it says you completed in 2016, you are good until next season.
- This must be completed every two seasons.
- NOTE: The Safe Sport training module will be updated on 9/18/17 and will take approximately 90 minutes to complete. If this is required this year, it is recommended that you complete the module prior to 9/18/17 for a shorter version.
- If you need to complete for this season, send BGHC (firstname.lastname@example.org) the completion certificate.
Step 5. Complete Coaching Education Program Online Age-Specific Modules
- Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching.
- Cost is $10 per module and only needs to be completed once per age level.
- Retain receipt for reimbursement.
- Provide completion information to BGHC (email@example.com).
Step 6: Complete concussion training and certification form
- All head and assistant coaches are required to complete concussion training each year.
- If you have to complete an age-specific online module, that will cover the concussion requirement. If you do not have to do an online module, other concussion training online options are available, and are listed on the Concussion Certification Form (document found below).
- At the completion of training, please print and save the Concussion Certificate Form and provide to BGHC (Jason Kalin @ Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step 7: Attend Coaching Education Program (CEP) Certification Clinic - complete by 12/31/2017
- This must be completed prior to 12/31/17 to remain on the team roster and to continue coaching for the season.
- You can find more information and CEP Clinic schedules at http://www.usahockey.com/coachingclinics
- Register early as classes fill up! Full roster of classes will be posted on USA Hockey site in early September.
- Cost is $45 plus any lunch fees if applicable. Retain receipts for reimbursement.
- You can only attend one clinic per season and all coaches start at Level 1.
Step 8: Coaches Consent to Treat Form (required by D6)
- Complete form provided below and submit to BGHC (email@example.com).
If you are not sure what level you need to take, please contact Jason Kalin at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about any of these requirements, please email Jason.
Thank you for being part of the Bloomington Girls Hockey coaching staff!